Wednesday, January 27, 2010

details, details


I was talking to my sister yesterday about this whole "Enjoying God" thing, and what it might mean, and what it might look like. Her answer was just so great.

She said that she enjoys God through photography, because taking pictures makes her pause, be aware. If you knew my sister, you would know that someone as driven and organized as she is might need some process to help her stop achieving and just be. I can relate.

I like that she talked about "noticing details". I think that is a super important, and easily overlooked, key to joy, enjoying-perspective. Noticing. Being awed by the pale color of the sky or the velvety texture of a pine needle.

It brings to mind a way that I once heard Psalm 46:10-
"be still and know that I am God."
"be still and know that I am..."
"be still and know..."
"be still..."
"be..."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails