Wednesday, June 27, 2007

trapped in time


On the second full day of my recent trip to Gloucester, MA., I found myself walking around town in the pouring rain. We ended up ducking into the Gloucester Maritime Museum for shelter, and part of the museum was an "exhibit" of local fauna. It made me sad to see these few, sorry-looking creatures tossed into cement tanks...trapped.

Today I have been thinking about how much I identify with the starfish.

Humans live life in four dimensions; time is the fourth dimension. We are bound by time. It is impossible for me to go back to two minutes ago, I am forced by time to always be "now". It's frustrating and comforting at the same time. Ah, the bondage of the familiar.

Just think about what life would be with no time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails