Sunday, July 12, 2009

halfway there...

About half of the really important/just plain busy things I have to do are done. Yay! Now, the deep breath before the plunge...

Projects
I am moving this week! I have piles and piles of dust-gathering boxes clustered all around the house. They are bound for our new digs...I just can't wait until they're all safely over there.

Thinking
About things people do in their sleep. I was listening to the Signal the other night, and Lori Brown was talking about a man, Lee Hadwin, who--get this--paints and draws in his sleep! Here are some of his pieces:






How cool is that? What do you wish you could do in your sleep?

Reading
Right now I'm working my way through this book:

Bill Bryson is terribly funny in unexpected, almost shy ways. He sneaks up on you and all the sudden, you're laughing out loud! It's great. The only problem is, it makes me want to be traveling right now...grrr. So frustrating! Well, everything in it's time.

3 comments:

Jess said...

the paintings are incredible!
I just wish I could sleep while I sleep - haha. Finn still wakes up at night, so I haven't had a full night of sleep in over 9 months. I don't mean to complain, but I'm sure looking forward to some day in the future when I can just. sleep.

nic said...

oh my gosh. that sounds like the main-number-one reason I am scared to have kids! don't mess with me and my sleep...you are a brave, strong woman, Jess!

jamica said...

i read bryson's "the lost continent:travels in small town america" before the boy and i left for our big roadtrip and loved it. i definitely broke out in laughter for sure.
just discovered your blog lady! how did i miss this?? it makes me miss you and want to hang out and have coffee or wine or whatever. i'm in much dire need for adult conversation:) xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails