Thursday, February 10, 2011

mornings are not my forte

At least there was no traffic this morning. Everything else about my pre-noon Thursday absolutely, positively sucked. Slept in--kept snoozing that damn alarm. Rebuffed lovey-huggy hubs--possibly hurting his feelings. Forgot gas tank was on empty--running even later, thirty-five minutes to be precise. So late, that I had to park in the pay-by-the-hour lot and cross my fingers that I have enough cash to cover it. The yummy scone I had grabbed in a mad rush to get out the house ended up as crumbs all over my dark blue coat. At least the freeway was sunny and dry, and the drivers, though confounding as ever in their persistent choices to clump together in packs, riding each other's asses in a way that will almost certainly end in a large accident, were not too annoying. 

Mornings are not my forte. How about you? Do you have cranky, not-so-awesome mornings? How do you shake your crabbiness in those instances?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Must have been the moon, my day was awful yesterday. I kept telling myself that a truly evolved person would just decide to be in a good mood and voila, cheerful I would be. No such luck...my students commented on my sour demeanor all day. :( Today though, I feel much better.

Related Posts with Thumbnails