Wednesday, February 9, 2011

winter reading list

AH. The dark days of winter have settled in nicely. I'm sure that, if you are anything like me, you are trying to stay warm and cozy and, if you are very lucky, curl up with a good read. Here is what I've got going this winter...what are you reading these days?

It is my second-go-round reading this excellent apologetic piece by Tim Keller. His articulation of "the reason for God" spans many disciplines, from philosophy to archeology to physics, to address issues of doubt and belief. If you haven't read this, do. It is an intriguing read for any thinking person who considers their existence, their place in the universe. 


Some of my friends are going through Kim Gaines Eckert's book together. In its very first chapter, Eckert declares that it is meant to be experienced "in community." So, we're taking her up on that. We're planning our second meeting to discuss chapters three and four in March, and I'm eagerly anticipating another great evening of wine, cheese, and reflective conversation!


The hubs got me this for Christmas, because he heard this on NPR and thought of me. How sweet! As I've begun delving into the first few chapters, I'm impressed by Homan's deft writing style, and the fascinating content that she explores. As a former ballerina myself (who is always a dancer in my heart!) I am eating this book up like I would a cup of fresh gelato in Rome. Pass the spoon! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails