Thursday, May 14, 2009

BAKED



My friend, Jen, just got me this cookbook for my birthday. There are some heady recipes here, and it's been fun just flipping through the glossy pages and gazing at the delicious-looking treats. Some seem pretty complex, with looong ingredient-lists, so I decided to start with the basics: the "baked" brownie.


Holy cow. Those brownies were fan-f*ing-tastic.

I made 'em for dessert for our pizza n' prosecco party, which went famously. We had the both of our fams over for make-your-own pizzas: I rolled out individual sized dough circles, and had all the toppings on the table so everyone could sit around and chat while they created their pizza masterpiece. Even my brother-in-law, the self-proclaimed pizza connisseur, was satisfied with his pizza. It was really fun! My favorite part, though, was standing in the kitchen, absorbed in rolling out dough, and sensing my family, Jake's family, our friends, hanging out, chatting, laughing. The rapid little thumps of the kids footsteps as they ran around. It was all like music to me.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I heard/read that book is awesome. I haven't been able to flip through it yet . . . I look forward to seeing what you bake out of that book.

Related Posts with Thumbnails