Thursday, May 21, 2009

a summer project

What a lovely day I had yesterday! We met up with my sister-in-law and her two precious little boys, and had a glorious afternoon of estate-sale-shopping and front-porch-sitting. Jake made some iced tea and we sipped cold drinks and watched as a shower of helicopters rained down for a good fifteen minutes! They shimmered in the saturating light, spinning and flashing like bits of gold. Now, the ground is covered with them.

Sara (my sis-in-law) also gave me some plants. I am now the proud owner/caretaker of two cherry tomato plants and some oregano. Um, I generally have a *black* thumb, so basically my goal this summer is to not kill them.

I scoured the closets, shelves and the whole garage for a spade...something to dig in the dirt with! I found...nothing. Thus, out came one of our lovely serving spoons from the registry (my thanks to the nice relative who got it for us!) It was the most elegant (and sturdy) of digging tools.

Keep your fingers crossed for these poor plants! Hopefully I will keep them alive long enough to reap some tasty benefits.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails