Thursday, June 25, 2009

improvising and keeping cool...

When triple H conditions strike, what's a girl to do but strike back with frozen snacks?

Behold, the chocolate-dipped frozen banana bites I created with help from my trusty Bon Appetit. I didn't have any candy bars on hand, which is what the recipe called for to create the coating, so I improvised. I used a mix of espresso powder and cocoa for one variety, coarsely chopped sesame seeds for another, chopped dried cranberries, and chopped crystalized ginger~which ended up being my favorite!

The frozen banana centers are delightfully cool and creamy, almost like ice-cream.

Frozen grapes are another, super easy, fun frozen thing to eat. Just give 'em a rinse, and toss 'em in the freezer on a sheet pan covered with wax paper. Delish! I hold 'em on my wrists for a second before popping them in my mouth!

2 comments:

Jess said...

triple H - hot humid and . . hot?
those treats look so good. I'm coming over right away!

nic said...

he he :) hot, hazy and humid. must be a michigan acronym, huh? how's the weather where you are?

Related Posts with Thumbnails