Thursday, June 18, 2009

home sweet home, and lots to do!


I am glad to be back in the mitten.

Last week we had a marvelous time in Washington state; we hiked and swam, drank wine and ate really fresh food, wandered around the city. Of course, there was really, really good coffee.

For all the great experiences, I am shamelessly glad to be home again. It was a much longed-for vacation, with a much-longed for homecoming. You know when you just get tired--not in your body, but in your mind? My mind was tired, and ready to come home and rest.

For now, I am excited about the freshness of summer! There is lots to be done, adventurous transitions to be made, glorious books to be read. Here is the sum-up:

Projects:
The tomatoes are doing well--growing quite tall, to my delight.

Thinking:
About ways to incorporate 'ZINEs into my summer class. Anybody have good examples?

Reading:
Possession by A.S. Byatt. Just finished it, actually, with a satisfied and deep sigh. It was thick and twisted with language, but with a racing quality that pulled me through to the very last page, which was heart-rending and poetic. Highly recommend.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails