Tuesday, May 11, 2010

rainy day eighties

It was so lovely to wake up slowly this morning, to the murmur of rain outside. Summer vacation is just budding, and nothing compares to the coziness of burrowing deeper into the covers with the backdrop of rain music!


The hubs and I are enjoying this first week of break. We needed it! Today is a nice, relaxing day...the record player is filling our home with the melodious strains of the Eurythmics. An oddly perfect pairing with the rains slipping down the windows and pattering on the roof.


And no sooner have I finished Perelandra, when another fantasy trilogy catches my fancy! I just finished the first book in Cornelia Funke's trilogy. I have to say, it totally sucked me in. My goal for this week is to finish the rest of the books I have going, so I can in good conscience jump fully into the "Ink" trilogy and finish off the C.S. Lewis Space Trilogy. The summer of reading continues! 

Because today is rainy, it calls for sweaters, a fresh pot of coffee, and maybe a trip to the library. What is your favorite plan for a rainy day? 

2 comments:

Natalie said...

ooo the blog posts are happening more often--loving it. i just started my own as this MA wraps up!

and glad you are getting the rest you deserve. hope the writing group is goin well.

nic said...

you are a jewel. thanks for the encouragement! yay for blogs and writing and almost-done-MA projects:)

you go!

Related Posts with Thumbnails