Friday, May 28, 2010

soft breezes pushing through


Today has been easy and productive. Sun-drenched and yet, still cool with the soft breezes pushing through the open windows. Good music on the stereo. Bare feet. Finished revisions to University Writing Center Workshops for the fall. Looking forward to dinner with our friends, Neal and Jamica, tonight.

Sigh. I love summer.

Projects:

  • The WPA conference will be here before I know it! My presentation needs work
  • Next weekend Mom, Mand and I are going up north for a "Girls' Week" on Lake Michigan beaches, tasting Leelanau wines. Must. pack. 
  • My fall classes need some TLC~planning hard-core revisions to those puppies
Thinking:
Contentedly. Lately, I've been able to grasp how great my life is, and how grateful it makes me. I get to write, be with my husband, plan fun trips, sleep in on summer days, stretch my body with yoga, eat well, and be with good friends. What an incredible gift this life is!


Reading:
Finally finished Prose, and still working on Sontag. Oy. But, I managed to get my hands on the next Inkworld book, so am mostly in fantasy-land these days...
                                           

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails